Friday, July 27, 2007

Early Morning

I woke up this morning, rolled over, looked at the cell phone and it said 4am (I couldn't tell what time of the day it was because the window that is in my room is covered, so no light gets in, which is great for sleeping). So, I tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but this didn't work. I ended up never falling back asleep. It's ok, I was supposed to be up at 8am anyway. But then I realized that my cell phone was wrong, it was an hour fast. So I had 5 hours to kill. It was actually kind of nice having that much time to myself in the morning. I got to read, write and listen to a few songs.

I'm about to head out with Dr. Frew to visit some gov't offices. We have to hand in some year end reports for the projects that we are doing. It is an awful lot of paperwork. After that, I don't know what else we will do. Maybe do some sightseeing in Addis, drink some coffee. Who knows?

Mark, I hope that the text is fixed. It was set to have black text on a black backround, what idiot set that up? :)

I'll do my best to get some pictures on here sometime. It's been overcast most of the time that I have been here and the connection that I am using is dial up and they only have 900 minutes per month before they have to start paying extra. So, I don't want to use too much.

All for now, almost time to head out.

3 comments:

markrussum said...

yep all is well now! I can see it!

hope your having a good time. Peace!

Anonymous said...

Dan,
It's Tom. Sorry I missed you on Sunday. The pain in my back was so bad, that I couldn't get out of bed. Thanks for the DVD's. I'm glad to see you're doing well over there. I'll be on the road to the Rockies starting Monday and I'll check in periodically with you. Be safe.
-Thomas

M.A.P. said...

Hey Dan,
Good to hear from you, I'm glad you got there with no trouble.
I cooked here at home tonight, made a pretty good meal (if you can believe that): baked salmon (with my secret spice recipe), couscous, soysauce-fried onions... well anyway, the actual emphasis I want to make is not on the food but on the drink. I served peaches and/in wine, and everyone loved it.
Enjoy your time, soak it all in, and get some pictures.
peace