Monday, July 30, 2007

Pictures....take two

Dial up is very frustrating. I'm doing my best to get these on here. There is a chance that I can find broadband somewhere, but I doubt it. Some of the hotels might have it, I'm not sure. Either way, I can hopefully load some of these pictures on here because I have made them quite small.
In other news, tomorrow will be the first day for me in Sendafa. I am more than excited. If I get the pictures to work on here, there should be some good ones to put on here.


This is a picture of the family I am staying with. The boy in front is Nathy (pronounced Na-tea), he is a handful, a lot of fun...but let's just say he's a handful - he says that him and I are best friends, so he is always asking me to play Uno or chess with him, or help him with his English. He's a funny kid. Next to him is Dr. Frew's father, it's actually his house where I am staying, it is right next door. The lady is Dr. Frew's wife, Frehiwot. The next guy, I don't know who he is, he doesn't live here. The last one is Dr. Frew himself, one of the best people I have ever met.


Good, it worked. This is a picture of me and my friend Eshete, he just graduated.

Here is a picture of Eshete and his neice.

This is a picture of a few girls who were at Eshete's graduation party. Once they got over their fear of my white face, red hair and big camera, they loved having their picture taken.








Another picture of the girls.





This is a picture of Birhanu and his wife and daughter. Birhanu is another one of our staff over here. He is a very fun guy, he's laughing and making jokes all the time. They had me over to their home for a Coke and banana the other day. Ethiopian's sure do love their bananas, I think we eat them at most every meal. They're delicious, tree ripened.


Well, that's all for now. It's late and I need to be up early. Sorry that this post is so haphazard, I think that Adam is much better at formatting blogs than I am. Ha.

Be well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blog, Dan. I don't think it is boring at all. I feel so happy that God has blessed you with such a wonderful family to live with while you are in Ethiopia. I wonder if Dr. Frew will turn out to be one of your lifelong friends.... Looking forward to reading your writings about your time in Sendafa, and seeing the pictures. We love you so much, Dan! ~Mom for your whole family

Vickie said...

Hey, Dan!

This is really making me homesick!! Please tell everyone that I said 'hi!' and I'll see them soon!

The Hilton has wireless in the lobby. If you want my taxi-driver friend's mobile number, let me know.

Please pass on my Congrats to Eshete!

Be safe,
Vickie

Mike Butera said...

well, i finally found out where your blog is, and i'm just getting updated. i am incredibly jealous about your banana sitation: i have been wanting to have tree ripened bananas for about 15 years. well, eat some for me. seriously, this is a dream of mine. i'm weird.

i talked to mom and dad today, they are very excited about going to see you. and rightly so. well, i'll keep reading now. this is as far as i got so far.

Ginger said...

Dan, the blog is great! I am happy to hear that you are having such a blessed time with Dr. Frew and family. Please tell Eshete I said CONGRATULATIONS! Take care my friend.

Ginger